1909 S.B. Sinclair was appointed the director of the School for Teachers.
In 1913 Sinclair Laird was appointed director of the School for Teachers. He implemented a system that placed student teachers in surrounding Montreal schools.
In 1929 Sir Fred Clark, Macdonald Professor of Education, reorganized the curriculum in the Department of Education for secondary school teachers.
In 1935 John Hughes, Macdonald Professor of Education, saw the elementary teaching certification lengthened to one year and the high school teaching certification requiring a full year of post-graduate professional studies.
D.C. Munroe was appointed the director of the School for Teachers in 1949.