This new institution, Macdonald College, was organized into three schools: a School for Teachers, a School for Agriculture and a School of Household Science. The School for Teachers was opened on November 5th, 1907 with 115 registered students. See the documentation of the opening in the McGill Annual Report. The School for Teachers was under the supervision of the Teachers' Training Committee and carried on in accordance with the regulations of the Protestant Committee of the Council of Public Instruction.
In the inaugural year the tuition fee in the School for Teachers was free to residents of Canada; however, there was a charge of $3.25 per week for lodging in a double room with single beds. The Protestant Day School of Ste. Anne de Bellevue (present-day Macdonald High School) was the model observation and practice school. Prior to 1907 it comprised 18 pupils and one teacher. By Fall 1907 it had grown to 98 pupils and four teachers.
More photographs of Macdonald College. (Click to enlarge)